Tuesday 7 August 2012

Newcastle still interested

Montpellier star
Mapou Yanga-
Mbiwa has
confirmed that
Newcastle United
remain interested in his signature. And the highly-rated France international defender has admitted he would relish the chance to move to Tyneside.
However, he also states that he
would see the move to Newcastle
as a perfect stepping stone to
move on to AC Milan, who have
seen a bid rejected.
Yanga-Mbiwa, 23, is captain of
Montpellier and having led them
to the French title last season, is
in talks over a new deal, but with
Milan bidding and Newcastle still
keen, is considering his options.
“It is possible that I can renew
my contract with Montpellier, just
as it is possible that I will not
renew it,” he told TuttoMercato.
“I do not exclude the possibility
of renewing my contract with
Montpellier.”
Milan have seen a bid rejected by
Montpellier and Yanga-Mbiwa
admits he would love the chance
to play for the Italian giants.
“Playing for Milan would certainly
be a great opportunity for me, so
now we wait,” he added.
He then admitted that Newcastle
remain keen on him, suggesting
a move to England could come
before a switch to Italy.
“I know that Newcastle are also
interested in me. Newcastle
would be a great opportunity for
me, and I would hope that
eventually I could join Milan.
“Joining Newcastle before Milan
would give me the chance to
mature even more and gain
more experience. We’ll see what
happens.”
Milan chief Adriano Galliano
confirmed over the weekend that
they had seen their bid rejected.
“Montpellier turned down our
offer and we cannot reach an
agreement for buying the
player,” he said.
“Therefore, the case is closed
with no regrets or bitterness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment