Saturday 1 September 2012

Marrying a pastor is quite challenging – Mama Oritsejafor

PASTOR Helen
Oritsejafor, apart from
being the wife of the
National President of
both the Pentecostal
Fellowship of Nigeria,
PFN, and the Christian
Association of Nigeria,
CAN, and the founder
of Word of Life Bible
Church, Warri, Delta
State, Pastor Ayo
Oritsejafor, holds
several other port
folios.
She is the chief
executive officer of
Eagle Flight
Microfinance Bank,
president general of
Daughters of Sarah
Fellowship, chief host
of Family Tips on
African Broadcasting
Network, ABN. Mama
Helen, as she is fondly
called by her numerous
admirers, who turned
down a
Commissionership
appointment in her
native Ekiti State to
marry a Warri-based
Pastor Oritsejafor, also
oversees the Eagle
Heights Group of
Schools, Eagle Heights
Clinic as well as an
orphanage owned by
the church.
She is a mother and
together with her
husband, they have
been taking the gospel
of salvation,
deliverance and
healing to the nations
of the world. In this
interview with SAM
EYOBOKA, the fearless
disciplinarian who
together with her
husband made
valuable contributions
towards the resolution
of the Niger Delta
Crisis, expressed grave
concerns about
insecurity in the
country. Excerpts….
You have been descri-
bed as amiable,
dynam-ic, excellent
and with several other
adjectives. What do
you describe yourself?
I’m just me, Helen. I’m
Ekiti turned Deltan, a
child of God who
believ-es very strongly
in peo-ple. That’s who I
am, Helen Oritsejafor.
Please tell me how you
have been combining
your numerous roles
with that of keeping
this house as the
mother of these
children, a wife of a
pastor. And coordina-
ting the church in the
ab-sence of Papa?
A lot of people always
ask me this and the
only thing I say to
them is it’s just the
grace of God and I’m
also a woman of pas-
sion. Don’t forget that I
have a commitment to
God from the
beginning of this
marriage that I’ll do
my husband good and
not evil for the rest of
my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment